GET TO KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER DAY
Today, we celebrate #GetToKnowYourCustomersDay, a global appreciation for customers shaping small businesses worldwide. We acknowledge our patrons across diverse cultures for their invaluable contributions.
Why our Customers and Our Relationship with them is so Important
Our patrons are integral to the success and sustainability of small businesses. Their feedback is a vital part of our journey. Studies reveal that 77% of consumers peruse online reviews before making purchasing decisions. Your insights allow us to refine and hone our products and services, ensuring they resonate seamlessly with your needs and aspirations.
One of the remarkable aspects of small businesses is their ability to forge authentic, personal connections with customers. Regardless of where you are in the world, when you support a small business, you become more than just a customer – you become a valued individual. It is this personal touch that fosters a sense of community.
There is great power in shared experiences. Customers’ positive interactions create a network of customer testimonials, a word of mouth bridge connecting businesses with new audiences.
Here are 5 illuminating facts about the significance of customers on small business:
- Loyal Customers are valuable assets: on average, they are worth up to 10 times as much as their first purchase. Building lasting relationships with your customers can significantly impact your bottom line.
- Word of Mouth is powerful: Approximately 64% of small business owners say that word of mouth is the most effective form of marketing. Satisfied customers who share their positive experiences can become powerful advocates for small businesses.
- Thanks to online platforms, small businesses can now reach a global audience. Support from customers around the world can contribute to the success and sustainability of a small business, transcending geographical boundaries.
- Community support amplifies success: many customers seek to support local businesses. A study found that 76% of consumers are more likely to trust a local business, emphasizing the crucial role small businesses play in building sustainable vibrant communities.
- Small businesses that prioritize customer-centric strategies are 60% more profitable compared to those that don’t. Understanding and responding to customer needs are key factors in the success of small enterprises.
ABOUT THE BASA AWARDS
The BASA Awards exist to recognize, celebrate, and promote exceptional small businesses. The BASA Awards showcase the best small businesses for their outstanding work and contribution to their community. With over 150+ categories to choose from, the BASA Awards is one of the largest awards strictly for small businesses in the world.
Learn more about the BASA Awards here.